Sunday, January 13, 2013

Bubba's Room


I've been working hard to get the rooms together and make them look nice. So far I've done a little on the playroom, Bubba's room, and Livvy and Tobi's room. This post will be for what I've done for Bubba's room so far. This first picture is of some drawings I did for him, I will eventually frame them and they'll definitely look better. The words that make up the baseball are "Let the field be joyful and all that's in it, which I got from Pinterest of course. It came from here (etsy). The next one says "Snips & snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of"- which is very true of my Bubba. The third picture I found here (Trading Phrases- a place you can buy phrases and sayings like this in vinyl decals for your wall). The last picture is obviously the batman symbol. Behind the symbol is the names of so many characters from Batman it's ridiculous. There were characters on the list I'd found that I'd never even heard of.


I seriously scored at Goodwill the other day. I spent quite a bit in all honesty but I came home with some great stuff. One of the things I found was a really long valance, pictured below. When I found it at Goodwill I wasn't sure that it would work, it was only one valance then, but for a dollar it was hard to pass up and I was seriously hoping it was long enough to cut down the center and fit over one window. As you can see, it was the perfect size. I also found the Spongebob blanket while I was there. The shark in the corner is actually a kite hanging from the ceiling, it was in the back of Brandon's closet- still no idea where it came from but it's pretty large and fits there well. I originally wanted to get a dragon kite to do this with, but a shark will do just as well. I told Bubba that there weren't any monsters in his room when we had that discussion. I showed him the monster repellent that I mentioned here and I also told him that monsters were afraid of sharks. That turned out to be quite a funny conversation mainly because he couldn't understand why monsters would think that the shark was real. Oh, the irony was hilarious. I'll definitely post more as I go, I just wanted to show off what I've done so far :)




 
UPDATE: I finished the majority of what I'm going to do for Bubba's room for now and you can see the finished projects here on a newer blog post, go check them out!



My Inspiration (and some for you!)




No comments:

Post a Comment